Cutting for a 2.5-inch hole on a load-bearing wall constructed with molded concrete brick has some issues that need to be addressed before proceeding with the work. The point is to cut a hole in a 2.5-inch wall using core cutting should not have load bearing at the point where you are planning to cut a hole. It is because if you proceed with the plan, the structural integrity will be compromised.
Check Out Our: Core Cutting in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
Here are some steps that need to be considered while proceeding with the plan of core cutting a 2.5-inch hole on a load-bearing wall.
1. The first point is to mark the center point for the hole in the wall.
2. The second step is to drill a bit in the hole.
3. The drill bit hole will be used as a guide.
4. Now attach a diamond-tipped core drill bit with a diameter slightly larger than the diameter of the hole.
5. Now apply pressure on the drill to through the wall.
6. Keep the bit perpendicular to the wall so the hole is straight.
7. After the hole has been made remove the drill.
8. Clean the place of debris.
9. Now you can apply the chisel to smooth rough edges.
During the process, it is highly recommended to wear personal protective equipment. Try to follow all the safety guidelines in order to have a safe and secure working environment. This includes
- Safety Glasses
- Dust Mask